Monday, August 18, 2008

A Million Man Electronic March on Congress

From today's OpEdNews:

Diary Entry by Dan K

What can we hope to accomplish? Kucinich sets the mark.

Dennis Kucinich has set a high mark calling for one million signatures to be delivered to the Judiciary Committee and Congress on Sept 10th. I only called for 200,000 myself, but as often happens, I didn't think big enough.

What kind of message can we send to America by reaching a million signatures? Will it really get him impeached? Probably not and that is why most won't sign it I'm sure. they'll say,"What would it accomplish? Nothing." Well, I think it can accomplish quite a bit actually. And the potential to do more is always there.

A Million signatures would be quite newsworthy I believe. I mean, 900,000 signatures in under a month to go with the 100,000 already delivered would be difficult to go unnoticed. With some momentum on that news, we could get the accountability issue into the debates. I for one wouldn't mind watching the candidates sweat a bit as they try to run from the issue.

The signatures would be delivered on the anniversary of Donald Rumsfeld's announcement of $2.3 TRILLION dollars, wandering aimlessly around the DoD. For those residing in the United States of Amnesia see here.

With the right wing sheeple and their sideshow...


Read the rest here.


No comments: